What To Book
Book Therapeutic Bodywork if you:
Have a specific issue or chronic condition
Have an injury or are post-surgery
Have a sport-specific concern
Feel like you are compensating or are out of balance.
Are curious about muscle testing
Want to try yoga as an assessment and corrective.
- 45-60-minute appointments are a good place to start
Book Relaxation/4-Sided Massage if you:
Want to chill out and unwind
Are recovering from or in training for an event
Have never experienced massage on four sides of the body
Want a fantastic gift idea for someone
- 75-90-minute sessions are best.
I still don’t know what to book…
- Call or email Ashleigh: 508 794 9775, HowlandMuscularTherapy@gmail.com
- Book a hour appointment of either and after a short consultation at the start of the session, a treatment will be decided. Bring loose-fitting clothing.
What does each session look like?
- 4-sided Relaxation Massage
- Clients receive work in four positions: side-lying left and right, supine, and prone. You will move three times and be bolstered/draped the entire time.
- Clients are either undressed and fully draped; or in shorts/gym clothes and not draped
- Areas such as the ribs, hip abductors/rotators, IT Band, lateral lower leg, hip abductors, and shoulder abductors get more attention than usual given their easy accessibiilty while youre on your side.
- Bodywork & Mobility
- Clients experience range of motion/ gait/ postural assessments and manual muscle testing.
- As Ashleigh begins to assess your dysfunctional musculo-fascial patterns, shes uses myofascial release, yoga, movement, and props to correct them.
- You will move a lot, do not expect to relax or shut your brain off during this session.
- Corrective homework will be assigned for self care and to teach your body the correct way to be moving, breathing and activating muscles.