Howland Muscular Therapy will reopen in limited capacity on June 22, 2020.
In adherence with safety and hygiene protocols, HMT will treat fewer clients per day with more time between appointments to allow for proper cleaning and social distancing.
Detailed instructions for each appointment will be emailed 24-hours prior to your session. If you feel unwell, have traveled outside of Massachusetts, been around anyone else who has travelled and/or been exposed, please cancel your appointment immediately. Masks must be worn at all times.
Appointments must be made via phone (508 794 9775) or email; online booking is not available at this point.
For clients who have not been into HMT at any point in 2020, I ask that you continue to book Zoom sessions with me, and not in-person quite yet.
I am doing my best to keep existing clients, Fitness Together clients/staff, and myself safe as we get accustomed to new protocols.
I look forward to getting back to work and seeing clients soon. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Monday 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Thursday 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
508 794 9775
24 hour notice is required to cancel your appointment, unless there is an illness, emergency, or bad weather. Payment for missed appointment is due in full.
Howland Muscular Therapy collects your personal information in order to contact you; and so that Ashleigh may design the safest and most effective therapeutic treatment for you, as is within her scope of practice. Your information is confidential and will not be disclosed to any other party without consent.
Howland Muscular Therapy maintains a professional therapeutic practice, and reserves the right to terminate any session due to a client’s inappropriate behavior, including intoxication or sexual advance. Payment is due in full.
Ashleigh Howland is a Licensed Massage Therapist, and not a Licensed Medical Professional. Bodywork and/or massage are not substitutes for medical care, examination, or diagnosis. It is the responsibility of the client to inform Ashleigh of any changes to your health.
Bodywork & Mobility
We begin your session with a discussion of your current and past health. I may assess your posture, gait, single-leg stance, mobility and stability.
Using Neurokinetic Therapy, I will test the muscle patterns that I suspect are leading to your pain or discomfort. I apply myofascial release, cupping, stretching, movement, and other soft tissue techniques to release the facilitated muscles and restricted fascia.
Together, we will work to find appropriate muscle activation for the related inhibited muscles, and we will walk through and/or video for reference your at-home correctives.
These sessions are interactive and require you to move, provide feedback, etc. Please wear comfortable clothing as you will remained clothed for the whole session.
45 minutes - $75
60 minutes - $100
75 minutes - $125
90 minutes - $150
Signature Session 4-Sided Massage
A multi-dimensional approach to treating four sides of the body instead of two, it follows the superficial fascial lines to rebalance the system front-to-back and side-to-side. Many clients benefit from alternating this treatment with more specific bodywork & mobility sessions; or using this during training for/recovery from an athletic event.
60 minutes - $ 125
75 minutes - $ 150
90 minutes - $ 175
Traditional effleurage strokes are used on two sides of the body (anterior and posterior) to calm the mind and relax the muscles while organic emollients nourish the skin.
60 minutes - $ 100
75 minutes - $ 125
90 minutes - $ 150
Pregnancy bodywork addresses back pain, sciatica, lymph movement/swelling, aching feet, relaxation, and more. Work is done on three sides of the body in supported positions. Post-natal work can help any compensation issues that develop during pregnancy; scar tissue from c-sections (at least 6 weeks post-Caesarean and with doctor’s approval); and muscle tension that changes as you begin life with your new family member. All bodywork options at HMT can be adjusted for pre-natal work; I have multiple bolsters and my table lifts and tilts to accommodate pre-natal considerations.
60 minutes- $ 125
75 minutes - $ 150
90 minutes - $ 175
Therapeutic Cupping can be added to any session by request, or as I see the need.
What To Book
Book Therapeutic Bodywork if you:
Have a specific issue or chronic condition
Have an injury or are post-surgery
Have a sport-specific concern
Feel like you are compensating or are out of balance.
Are curious about muscle testing
Want to try yoga as an assessment and corrective.
- 45-60-minute appointments are a good place to start
Book Relaxation/4-Sided Massage if you:
Want to chill out and unwind
Are recovering from or in training for an event
Have never experienced massage on four sides of the body
Want a fantastic gift idea for someone
- 75-90-minute sessions are best.
I still don’t know what to book…
- Call or email Ashleigh: 508 794 9775, HowlandMuscularTherapy@gmail.com
- Book a hour appointment of either and after a short consultation at the start of the session, a treatment will be decided. Bring loose-fitting clothing.
What does each session look like?
- 4-sided Relaxation Massage
- Clients receive work in four positions: side-lying left and right, supine, and prone. You will move three times and be bolstered/draped the entire time.
- Clients are either undressed and fully draped; or in shorts/gym clothes and not draped
- Areas such as the ribs, hip abductors/rotators, IT Band, lateral lower leg, hip abductors, and shoulder abductors get more attention than usual given their easy accessibiilty while youre on your side.
- Bodywork & Mobility
- Clients experience range of motion/ gait/ postural assessments and manual muscle testing.
- As Ashleigh begins to assess your dysfunctional musculo-fascial patterns, shes uses myofascial release, yoga, movement, and props to correct them.
- You will move a lot, do not expect to relax or shut your brain off during this session.
- Corrective homework will be assigned for self care and to teach your body the correct way to be moving, breathing and activating muscles.